Thursday, July 16, 2009

untitled

I keep checking in
on the things I've checked out of my life
Perhaps a need to do better
Than the things I've left behind
What a wreck
If the things I thought I'd passed
Suddenly passed me
Then what would I be?
Besides a hope filled failure
who's dreams will never be reality.
But yours are I see. 
Lucky.

And I have all these goals
Too much, too many to achieve
Things above my level of intellectual capacity
But I think if I try I can be anything?
As long as I'm not wasting my life
And the things I'm trying for 
end up the things I can do right
I can't handle any more failure
even if the hand wasn't meant to be mine.
It's the hand I got dealt. 
But your hand wasn't much better. 
How come your life stayed together?
My streak can't last forever. 

No comments: